This course is currently closed
JUPEB/DIPLOMA/FOUNDATION:GOVERNMENT is divided into:
- GOV 001:ELEMENTS OF GOVERNMENT
- GOV 002: FUNDAMENTALS OF GOVERNMENT
- GOV 003: NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
- GOV 004: AFRICAN GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
At the end of the course, the candidates are expected to:
- describe the subject matter of Government;
- explain general application of politics to issues in the political structure; and
- identify the institutions and processes within and outside their environment.
- comprehend the concepts of ideology; and
- apply the various ideas and thoughts contained in the course content.
- describe the various precolonial systems in Nigeria;
- give detailed account of the Nigerian past with a view to understanding the future government and politics;
- explain the evolution of the various political parties in Nigeria;
- discuss the major political crises in Nigeria;
- give account of the military rule in Nigeria; and
- explain the determinants of Nigeria foreign policy.
- evaluate the colonial experience of various African States; and
- give detailed account of the efforts made to achieve independence in various African States.